Books by Cam Lavac:
"SATAN'S CHURCH - THE THIRD SECRET"

What if the Roman Catholic Church got it all wrong?
What is the terrible mystery of the Prophecy?
How does it all relate to the Third Secret of Fatima?

"MAJESTIC XII"

A search for the lost Ark of the Covenant.
The discovery of a 2,000 year old parchment in a Jerusalem tomb, written in modern English and addressed to a woman in Albuquerque.
A secret society made up of the most powerful men on the planet.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Satan's Church and Cardinal George Pell

I recently ran into the good cardinal at Dymock's book store in George St Sydney. Not being able to resist, I bought a copy of my own book, Satan's Church and presented it to Cardinal Pell with my compliments, and suggested he read it to get in touch with what people are finding wrong with the Catholic Church today. He smiled warily, thanked me for the copy but to date I have yet to receive a response or comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know whether or not he read the book. Sometimes these people aren't too open to new ideas

Cam Lavac said...

I know for a fact that he did not. A fan of mine, hearing the story, emailed Cardinal Pell to ask for his comments on Satan's Church. The fan received a response from Cardinal Pell's secretary stating that His Emminence did indeed have the book, but that he had not read it. I agree that people like the cardinal do close their minds to the thoughts and ideas of others that may contradict or challenge their own.

Anonymous said...

Here is the correspondence between myself (the fan) and Cardinal Pell regarding Cam's book Satan's Church.

I sent this email to enquire about their stance on the subject matter:

Good morning Cardinal Pell,

I recently read Cam Lavac's novel Satan's Church which I enjoyed immensely. With no disrespect to the Church, I thought it was one of the most enjoyable novels I have ever read. After I finished reading it, I did some research on the subjects and the books release and I found out that Cam handed you a copy at Dymocks in George Street, Sydney. I just thought I would email you to ask you what you thought of the book? I would love to hear feedback from somebody inside the Church. I understand that this is probably a controversial subject, but my reason for asking is simply curiosity.

Would love to hear from you.

Regards,
the fan

And the reply:

Dear Mr the fan,
many thanks for your enquiry. Cardinal Pell certainly has Mr Lavac's book, but unfortunately he is yet to read it. Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed it.
with good wishes,

(Dr) Michael Casey
PRIVATE SECRETARY TO CARDINAL PELL

So as you can see they like to keep a lid on their feelings towards controversial subjects.